The centre is looking forward to efficiently support research studies related to applied sciences. It is looking forward to provide researchers with means that would help them conduct their research studies which are considered as an essential aspect in the academic process.
The center assures that good research studies shall focus on issues requiring more investigation in applied sciences fields.
The center will attempt to achieve the following objectives:
- Providing an appropriate environment that stimulates innovation, conducting outstanding research studies and supporting efforts exerted in a bid to serve the centre’s mission.
- Arranging research programs for private and public institutions to link the academic institutions with the society.
- Supporting research studies financially to guarantee benefit by cooperating with different collages.
- Publishing research studies and MA and PHD dissertations’ abstracts in Oman Journal for Applied Sciences according to the publishing rules of the journal.
- Following up procedures of faculty members’ promotions.
- Organizing conferences and symposiums in collages in and outside the Sultanate.
Center’s Means to achieve its aims:
- Facilitating researchers’ access to electronic sources available in Sultan Qaboos University in order to get use of the journals and electronic books that require a user name and password to access.
- Communicating with social institutions to identify their research field interests and introduce them to the academics interested in such research fields.
- Financing research studies thorough the Ministry represented in Research Council or through cooperating with collages.
- Issuing an annual issue of the Omani Journal of Applied Sciences to publish research studies conducted in or outside the Sultanate.
- Facilitating procedures regarding participation in conferences and symposiums in or outside the Sultanate.