Welcome to The Omani Journal of Applied Sciences. The journal aims to:
- Publish academic research, and scientific studies in the fields of Applied Sciences, Humanities and Education.
- Review discussions of new issues related to higher education and scientific research.
- Develop movement of scientific research and encourage academic specialists to undertake scientific research.
- Monitor important scientific activities such as conferences, symposiums, and workshops, and to survey and comment on dissertations.
- Review and comment on modern books related to the fields mentioned in (1) above.
Submission of Manuscripts
- All contributions will be evaluated by at least two independent referees. Papers should be original and should not have been published or under consideration for publication elsewhere in any form.
- Contributions submitted for publication should be in either English or Arabic.
- Papers should be sent on a disk together with three hard copies.
- Author(s) should provide two abstracts one in English and one in Arabic, of up to 150 words each.
- Contributions should be no longer than 30 pages, not exceeding 300 words each.
- Author(s) should submit a request for publishing his/ her contribution stating that it has not been published before.
- The author(s) should type the following on a separate page: title of the paper, the name(s) of the author(s), together with their postal address(es) and email address(es), and telephone number(s). The title of the paper should appear on the first page.
- Applied and academic papers in the fields of Science Humanities and Education will be published in the periodical.
- Notes, footnotes and endnotes should be listed at the end of the paper in numerical order as they appear in the text.
- Full bibliographical details of references should be given and listed in alphabetical order as follows: reference to books should be given in this order: initials and last name(s) of author(s), year of publication, title of the book, publishing firm or press, place of publication. Reference to articles should be in this order: Title of journal, name of the author, title of article, place of publication, journal number, and number of pages. Reference to dissertations should be in this order: name of the author, year of publication, title of dissertation or thesis, college, university, place of publication.
- Publications are not returned to authors whether published or not in the periodical.
- Contributions that do not conform to the above mentioned conditions will be disregarded.
- All papers should be addressed to the editor- in- chief.
Submissions are to be addressed to:
The Editor in Chief
Omani Journal of Applied Sciences
Colleges of Applied Sciences
Post Code: 112 Ruwi
Sultanate of Oman
Tel: (00968) 24486333
Fax: (00968) 24485378